UPDATE: ANSTO Maintenance Shutdown Of NM Processing & Distribution Facility and OPAL Reactor
- ANSTO will undertake scheduled preventative maintenance shutdown of its Nuclear Medicine processing and distribution facility, also known as building 23 from 14th April – 13th May. You may also have heard that we are planning a preventative maintenance shut-down in Opal, our nuclear reactor from 1st – 28th June.
- The work undertaken during this shut-downs will enable the continuation of safe operations and reliable supply of nuclear medicines for Australia.
- All products, with the exception of 123Sodium Iodine solution, will continue to be available during the shut-down period.
- During the period of this shut-down, ANSTO will work with our international partners to ensure the continuity of supply to the Australian nuclear medicine community.
- As part of the Australian Government’s commitment to the nuclear medicine community, ANSTO will ensure that the total additional costs of $3.7M associated with importing product will be absorbed and not be passed on to our customers.
- ANSTO has sent specific notifications to all its customers from Monday 24th February and will be back in contact on the phone within 5 working days to offer support during the scheduled preventative maintenance shut-down