Request: Radiopharmaceutical Supply Issues
Monday Apr 27, 2020 11:00hrs
As indicated last week, the Society is working with AANMS, RAINS and ANSTO to liaise with the NM community regarding transportation difficulties for radiopharmaceuticals and workers so that we can inform the Transportation & Freight Taskforce TFT) of the Federal Government to see if this can be addressed.
If your facility is experiencing difficulties in radiopharmaceutical supply, please let us know so that we can escalate this up to the TFT. Issues could include, for example:
- No scheduled flights into your regional airport for ultra-short lived radiopharmaceuticals (e.g., FDG) leading to total suspension of the service;
- Scheduled flights into your regional airport for ultra-short lived radiopharmaceuticals that are not at suitable times (e.g., arriving late afternoon);
- No scheduled flights for regular radiopharmaceuticals and/or any associated issues with alternative modes of transport (e.g., road, rail);
- Any expected shipment that has been offloaded from the planned flight (with flight details if possible);
- Generators supplied on non-ideal days or times of day;
- Any acute shortages in non-radioactive radiopharmaceutical supplies (e.g., cold kits);
- No flights available to service regional and remote communities with FIFO NM staff;
- Any regulatory issues requiring TGA, ARPANSA or similar attention;
- Other – please specify.
Please direct any issues to the Secretariat to co-ordinate our issues.