Update on Radiopharmaceutical Supply
Wednesday June 24, 2020 11:00hrs
The Working Group had a Vcon yesterday afternoon with representatives from ANSTO, TGA, GMS and Dept of Health.
- The OPAL reactor major shutdown for maintenance completed successful and the reactor is now operating at full power again. Some issues have arisen with the imported Mo99, especially for the larger generators, and ANSTO Health are managing this in collaboration with the customers who receive these generators.
- Further maintenance work is being undertaken in the ANM Bld (the Mo99 extraction facility) and is on track to be operational again by this weekend.
- There is now a local production site for [131I]-mIBG and supply has already been made available to some sites.
- Iodine-123 supply from Japan seems to be assured until the end of July, although the Japanese authorities continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation in Victoria and NZ at present with respect to the ongoing continuation of regular passenger flights.
- Some further electrical work on Bld 23, the generator production facility, will be undertaken this weekend and ANSTO Health is working to minimise the impact by supplying generators ahead of schedule.
The Working Group will continue to meet with ANSTO as required and provide updates.
AANMS ANZSNM RAINS